Gone on an Edmund Rice Camp for Kids.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Kind of, and yes informally.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nnnnno. Unless Peta counts, who worked in the deli at Coles and hugged me every time she wasn’t wearing her bloodied apron.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, the last three of which were within a few days.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Courage to not be dominated.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Remember remember the 5th of November: my weak-ass rite of passage, allowing me to do basically anything. Plus a pretty darn perfect birthday in wonderful company.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Achieving a black belt.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing my girlfriend for a day.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yeah, many. Specifically cutting my leg open.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I’m tempted to say my bokken.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyones. Well done all!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
That’s just mean.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Presents, donations. Occasionally food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting my black belt and seeing that self-defence guy at Curtin. My first year anniversary with Bethwyn. Margaret River and sleepovers. My birthday.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
All the ones on the CD Bethi gave me. Specifically Death Cab For Cutie.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
It’s been a long year, but even so, with Bethwyn at my side it’s been wonderful.
ii. thinner or fatter?
A little thinner, I think.
iii. richer or poorer?
Poorer, amazingly. When you start earning money, you start finding uses for it.
18. What do you wish you’d done more?
Sign up for more clubs at uni.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinating. Kinda like I’m doing now…
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it cooking with my family (including my aunt and uncle) and then sleeping over at Bethi’s.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I did. Again and again, almost every day.
22. How many one-night stands?
just kidding! lolz, gotcha.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate her, but I did meet a certain second in charge at Coles…
25. What was the best book you read?
Ooo… Brisingr I think.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I’m actually pretty okay at sight-reading. Not amazing, but not bad as I used to be.
27. What did you want and get?
My black cons (which are really etiko’s).
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
Very possibly The Forbidden Kingdom.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 18. Drank a glass of Baileys, dinner with friends, all that jazz.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Understanding myself more. Not allowing senseless emotions to rule me.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Pretty lacking to start. Jeans and a tee mostly. While that’s still my favourite set of clothes, for anyone, I’ve started branching just a little. Started styling my hair again and whatnot, you know.
32. What kept you sane?
Bethwyn. Taekwondo. Final Fantasy. Heroes, at the time.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Zimbabwe, and the various volunteer organisations I was commited to.
35. Who did you miss?
A lot of my old friends, and always Bethwyn.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
While you live in the moment, never forget that the world is large, and you are a part of it.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I’m shaking, I’m baking,
There’s not a kid who isn’t having fun something something,
In the su-un,
With the fun cream…
Nah, seriously, not that in to songs. Pick something nice out for me.