Mononucleosis

Mononucleosis, or glandular fever. Similar symptoms to tonsilitis, but no known cure. Dr Foo says to bear with it for a couple of weeks. Mum’s medical dictionary (she’s a nurse) says it’ll last 7-10 days, with rapid improvement nearing the end. Either way, I’ve been subscribed Vitamen B injections, just two or three. Joy. It wasn’t enough that they had to drain a cap of my blood. Noo they have to stick their little needles in me. Still, this film inspired me not to complain.
 
 
I’m going to have to grit my teeth and ride this thing out. I managed to get half a good night’s sleep and half a night of crying. The lack of sleep is really playing on my mind- I ended up convinced that God didn’t like the world being so big, so he erased 80% of it. The remaining 20% got sucked into the black hole, and I was happy the suffering was over. And then there was the dream that we were all living on a meteor 50 metres above the real Earth, which screwed up my sense of physics. I was scared I would drift away, or get sucked into a vortex. Sitting down was a no-no because it meant staying in one place for too long. In other words, I am slowly but surely losing my sanity.
 
If these are my last semi-sane words, know this:
 
There is too much cheese in the world.
 
Love,
 
John.
 
EDIT:
"Shy~"
"I won’t see anything."
"Shy~~"
"Come on lah!"
"Shyyyy~~~"’s later…
"HOLY HELL THAT HURT!" I swore inwardsly as I gasped in pain and tensed instinctively, jumping slightly off the bed and pulling my leg simultaneously.
"Relax!" said Mum. I clamped my teeth across a pillow and chewed ferociously for a few seconds before forcing myself to let go and cry out for her to stop.
"Almost done," she said leisurely.
 
Remember me saying that it’s bad enough to take blood? I was wrong. Taking blood is near painless- a small sting and then nothing, until they remove the needle. Getting an injection hurts. A lot. Especially when you can’t reassure yourself by watching the process. I was unprepared when my mother stuck a syringe in my backside, and I refuse to ever have it done again. It hurts, let me assure you. Like a day’s worth of pain concentrated into 10 seconds. Surprisingly, it was my pulled leg that hurt more overall, because it lasted longer. Apparently your butt can’t feel pain as well as the other parts of your body, but I argue if you have the factor of knowing it’s going to hurt because you can’t see it, you would have jumped higher than I did. Lord almighty, that was a nasty experience.
Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Mononucleosis

  1. Pat. says:

    No need to wallow in sadness: I’ve already lost mine. I thibk my dad had Glandular fever once, years and years ago, but the symptoms went away. You’re lucky: I have a fear of needles, so how do think I would feel?Cheers out.

  2. Ivy says:

    At least I know now that you’re going to be okay. I’m sorry I couldn’t have met you on MSN today, I was terribly exhausted when I returned home. I had hoped to see you again but nevermind- I will see you definitely either tomorrow night or Sunday. See I’m going to school tomorrow to get my classroom in place- my class really rocks by the way, I’m adapting well and admittedly having lots of fun bullying everyone and well, just laughing. Classes have started. Just so you know, I’ll be trying out for cheerleading tmr, I don’t think I will get in but I’ll give it a try with Dian. Even if I don’t get in, Dian won’t try without me, so if she does, I’ll be very glad. I hope I have your support and blessings tomorrow morning.I’m also going for fencing and softball tryouts as my new CCAs.So sad that I’m relaying information to you through your space now. Hope I can finally speak to you tomorrow. Take care my baby boy. I wish I could have taken care of you.P.s. Butt!Tushy. Smack.Missing you! Love, Ivy

  3. Unknown says:

    Aw! The mere fact of your suffering makes me wanna march up there, cure you somehow, then noogie you until you think that the fever was better. It’s my way of showing I care.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s